From college drop out to become one of the most successful and renowned entrepreneurs of the United States – the journey in between was no less than a fairy tale. Peter Loftin is the name that shined all over the country with pride and honor of hard work as well as persistence. In North Carolina, Peter started his career from a small office and was involved in selling telephones, the portable ones. Since that time, he has become the owner of one of the biggest telecom giants all over the world, Business Telecom Inc., commonly known as BTI.
He is indeed the pride of North Carolina not only because of being such an achieving entrepreneur, but there is always a lot of stories to be told. His social works, his concerns about the societal matters and his financial contributions have made the world believe that he has not forgotten his responsibilities to make the world a better place. His charitable works are remarkable and spell the fact that how he is different from the others on humanitarian grounds.
Peter & His Charities –long before he became a successful entrepreneur
Not many of the people had probably known the fact that Peter had started his generous works towards the society when he was just in his twenties. The first significant contributions he has made is by starting off a fantastic campaign called as ‘Coats for Kids’. The objective of the program was to provide coats to the needy children during the winter holidays so that they could stay warm and safe.
Red Cross: The stepping stone
Peter Loftin was never just a celebrity contributor to the non-profit organizations he has worked for. Instead, he was thoroughly involved with most of them and was there in the leading positions. Being one of the Governors of American Red Cross, in Washington D.C. was one of the most empowering decisions he ever took. Red Cross is one of the most renowned non-profit organizations that support the needy Americans with cash, blood, time and goods. It is undoubtedly a vast network that is serving the nation and its people with all it has in store. Peter Loftin has an intriguing relationship with this organization and has left a significant contribution.
Other Major Charitable Activities
- Peter has established a camp for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, named as BTI.
- He is associated with Oak Ranch that assists the troubled young generation of the country
- He is a founding contributor as well as a board member of North Carolina Museum of Natural Science that is aimed to provide a great experience to both the children and the adults regarding the natural science that is there in the place.
- Peter has been a contributor ‘Make-a-Wish’ foundation
- He is associated with SOF (Special Operations Fund) that was started with the aim of supporting and aiding the families that were the victims of 9/11.
- He has also been a contributor to Airborne & Special Operations Museum
- He has also been a member of Council of Entrepreneurial Development that has provided scholarships to meritorious students.
The extensive charitable works of Peter Loftin have made him not only a renowned name but also helped him to retain his position as a sensible and responsible human being.