Squint is a disorder in which both eyes tend to look in different directions at the same time. In other words, the two eyes are pointed in different directions irreversibly. One might be looking straight while the other might be looking upwards, downwards, inwards or outwards. The reasons for squint can be many including an incorrect balance of muscles, refractive error, nerve palsy, and injury, among others. The basic concept that goes into treating a squint is to weaken the stronger muscles of one eye and to strengthen the weaker muscles of the other. Squint also known as strabismus medically.
Identify at an Early Stage
Out of all the disadvantages of having a squint, the loss of confidence and emotional distress are basically the biggest pitfall. We, as sentimental humans, are largely affected by the way we look and are perceived. Hence, medical consultation is the necessary to correct the condition and help build confidence in the person.
There are different types of eye correction surgery based on the positions of the eye.
- Hypertropia is the type of squint in which the eye turns upwards.
- Hypotropia is the type in which the eye would tend to turn downwards.
- Esotropia is a type of squint where the eye turns inwards.
- Exotropia, on the other hand, is a type of squint with an eye turning outwards.
A squint can be treated well until the age of 6. Although not as easy after the age of 6, a squint can be treated at any age. In fact, squint eye treatment in India is not as expensive as it might be in a few other countries.
A squint can be treated most of the times with various treatment options like:
- Wearing glasses – this is often the most commonly used remedy as it diverts the attention away from the condition.
- Eyepatch – when worn over the eye with stronger muscles it can help the other one become stronger.
- Botox injection is used to weaken a certain muscle; however, the procedure might not be as seamless as it sounds.
- Eye drop and eye exercises. Eye exercises can be demonstrated by a doctor who has credible experience in this domain. To find a doctor for the same in your region, one may visit PSTakeCare; a website designed to guide people in need of treatments.
One of the most basic exercises one could do as a part of the treatment is mentioned in the following steps:
- Hold a pencil at an arm’s length between the eyes.
- Keep a constant watch on the pencil; try to maintain a single image of it while moving it towards the eye.
- Move the pencil towards your eye until the image remains single.
- Hold the pencil at the point where the single image exists.
It is recommended that you indulge in this exercise 3-4 times a day to see the results.
A surgery might become necessary if the other treatments are not effective. Squint surgery in Delhi is clearly one of the best options in the country as there are a lot of experienced medical practitioners in the city.