Besides the usual health supplements like Vitamin D, iron, magnesium, and much more, a new class of natural supplements have gained wide popularity – Adaptogens. Adaptogens are natural compounds derived from herbs and roots that are used to upgrade the health of your adrenal system, reduce your stress levels, lessen fatigue, and overcome the symptoms of diabetes and high cholesterol. These natural compounds are being used since ages and have gained tremendous fame in recent time.
Here is a list of 8 natural supplements that you can use to overcome fatigue, diabetes, stress, and also cholesterol.
- Asian Ginseng: Of the various varieties of Ginseng, Asian Ginseng is widely known for its miraculous health benefits. Asian Ginseng is being used since ages to aid a number of medical conditions. It is believed that it not only boosts energy but also helps in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Asian Ginseng promotes relaxation, by reducing stress levels to a large extent. Even studies conclude that Asian Ginseng has a wide range of therapeutic and pharmacological applications, so it can be used in case of fatigue, stress, and other related disorders.
- Rhodiola Rosea: This adaptogen herb, also known as the golden root, is known to enhance brain power and is also responsible for rapid fat burning and energy stimulation in your body. It not only helps in fighting mental stress, but also contributes a lot towards overcoming physical, chemical, and environmental stress making your body more responsive to each situation.
- Maca: This pleasant tasting root is a boon for your body. It is rich in dietary minerals such as calcium and potassium that contributes a lot towards improved health conditions. With frequent consumption, you can expect to have a perfect hormonal balance, high energy levels, increased fertility, and the list continues. This health booster is sure to help your overcome not only fatigue but also other related health disorders.
- Goji Wolfberry: These adaptogens are loaded with beta-corotene, a pigment that helps in promoting a healthy skin. Goji Wolfberry is considered to be an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory superfruit that not only helps in treating your eye, liver, and kidney, but is also suitable for treating a number of health disorders
- Ashwagandha: This is a prominent ayurvedic herb that has been used widely in Indian ayurveda. Its proven health benefits are known to reduce cortisol levels, stress, anxiety, symptoms of depression and also boost fertility in men. This natural healer has the capacity to relieve you from even chronic pains, if consumed regularly. The roots of ashwagandha are usually powdered and used in many ayurvedic medicines as well.
- Holy Basil: Belonging to the mint family, this adaptogen possesses spectacular health benefits. It is believed that if you even stay in close association of this herb, then you will be protected from infections and allergies. It is known to improve your respiratory disorders along with helping in fever, asthma, lung disorders, heart diseases, and many others. Apart from being used for medicinal purposes, holy basil is also used for extracting its essential oil that has exceptional soothing capacity.
- Astragalus: This natural herb contains anti-oxidative and anti-aging properties. It is considered as an immune system booster, so with its regular consumption, you are sure to get rid of fatigue and stress with ease. In Chinese medicine, astragalus was used as a defender against both physical and mental stress. Studies conclude that it not only helps in preventing the growth of tumors but also protects your cardiovascular system.
- Licorice root: Apart from benefiting people from adrenal fatigue and a leaky gut, this adaptogen is known for possessing various strengths. If you were looking for a natural supplement that could help you get relief from cough and cold, gastrointestinal issues, female reproductive issues, stress, depression, and fatigue, then licorice root is the herbal supplement you were looking for long. Flavonoids, Triterpenoids, Coumarins, and Stilbenoids are the main compounds found in licorice root that have supreme medicinal properties.
It is always better to adapt natural supplements, as they are not only non-toxic but also don’t cause any side-effects on your body. So, you will be left with a better and healthier version of yourself with the help of these adaptogens.